Parade Entry Form
ONCE CORONOVIRUS UNCERTAINTIES HAVE BEEN RESOLVED – HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOUR PARADE ENTRY FORM.
LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING BACK, BIGGER & BETTER!
To enter into this year’s Watchet Carnival Parade, complete and submit the entry form below. Alternatively if you would like to download our entry form and fill it in, choose one of our downloads below.
The assembly area will be at Knights Templar School, Liddymore Road, Watchet TA23 0EX at 5.00 p.m.
Form didn’t submit? Please scroll back up to make sure you have filled in all of the fields.
Would Rather Fill Out The Form Offline?
Fill out our e-form and submit it by sending the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Print out our printable form and deliver by hand to Pebbles Tavern, 24 Market St, Watchet, TA23 0AN.
Watchet Carnival Rules & Conditions
Let’s have a fun and safe day. Please note: No alcohol may be consumed during the Carnival Parade.
- Please complete your own risk assessments for this event. Safety is paramount.
- Watchet Live CIC/Carnival reserves the right to refuse an entry considered to be a Health & Safety issue, detrimental to the well-being of people and animals, inappropriate and offensive or contrary to the Law.
- Watchet Live CIC/Carnival accept no responsibility for loss, injury or accidental damage to persons or property, however caused.
- All participants must fully understand that they are taking part in the Parade entirely at their own risk.
- All entrants will be responsible for their own vehicle and Public Liability Insurance etc.
- The Carnival Procession starts at 6.00 p.m. prompt. Assembly Area: Knight Templar School TA23 0EX. All entries that want to be judged need to be at the assembly area by 5.00 p.m. Any late arrivals may not be judged. (5.20 p.m.)
- Entrants are judged independently of the Carnival and the judges’ decisions are final. Judging will take place at the assembly point and during the actual procession.
- Presentation of prizes will be on The Esplanade on the day.
- All entries will be given an official number card to be displayed during the parade.
- A steward will direct you to your place (number) in the procession. Please ensure your entry is ready and stays in this place.
- For safety reasons objects and liquids may not be thrown into the crowd i.e. water, alcohol, flour, sweets, toys, leaflets etc.
- Do not encourage coin throwing.
- Children are to be supervised by adults at all times.
- If you have children in your walking group, please ensure you have enough adult helpers for the number of children participating and ensure they are kept away from moving vehicles.
- All animals must be led, and will be withdrawn from the procession if there are safety and welfare concerns. Guide dogs exempt.
- Walking entries: please wear sensible footwear and suitable weather protection.
- Watchet Live CIC/Carnival organises a collection during the parade with all monies being shared between local charitable groups and good causes. *ONLY Watchet Live Carnival is authorised to collect money from spectators during the procession route and Carnival weekend.* Collecting buckets cannot be issued to persons under the age of 16 years, they may however be issued to an accompanying adult.
- All collection buckets must be handed in to the Carnival Official at the end of the Procession.
- At the end of the Carnival, on arrival at the Dispersal Point (Mineral Yard Car Park) all sound systems must be turned off.
- Please ensure all participants safely disembark floats and remember other parade vehicles may still be arriving.
Risk Assessment – All vehicle entries must have a valid risk assessment for their participation in the parade.
- All Parade vehicles must have a driver with a valid driving license for the type of vehicle, be taxed, MOT tested and insured according to the law.
- All vehicle/float entries taking part in the procession must arrive at the assembly point by 5.00 p.m. and follow the instructions of the parade marshals of where to park so as not to endanger lives or cause obstruction to others.
- A safety rail MUST be fitted where children are on a float and children must be seated at all times when the vehicle is in motion.
- All motorised vehicles must comply with the Road Traffic Act 1988 and must hold Public Liability Insurance for their float display.
- Drivers must not leave their vehicles. Do not allow people to get on and off your moving vehicle or encourage them into the path of your vehicle.
- Please help to avoid gaps in the procession by adjusting your speed accordingly and leaving a safe distance between members of your group and other parade entries.
LET’S BE SAFE, HAVE FUN & ENJOY THE DAY.
We thank you very much for participating and supporting Watchet Carnival.